2017 Athlete Info
- Athletes in Pickleball, Archery, and Track & Field events may check in at the event. If you are not in these events, please check in at Senior Services of Central Illinois (701 W. Mason St.) between the hours of 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. on September 20, 21, 22, or 23.
- This year's Celebration of Athletes dinner will be held at Senior Services of Central Illinois (701 W. Mason St.) at 6 p.m. on Friday, September 22nd.
- Click the "Event Locations" tab at the top of this page for the addresses of your events (maps included).
- Click the "Event Info" tab for information specific to the events you are in.
- We have a new venue for Bocce Ball! See "Event Locations"
Who We Are
The Springfield Park District and The Illinois Senior Olympic Advisory Board invite all Men and Women 50 years of age and older to come and participate in this wonderful senior athletic event. There are over 20 event categories and team sports offered.
We are proud to promote healthy lifestyles for adults, particularly seniors 50 years of age and older. According to the Surgeon General and the National Prevention Council, the health-related benefits of regular exercise include lowered risk of high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, and cancer, as well as an increase in muscle strength, flexibility, and aerobic capacity. Their recommendation is that ALL adults get AT LEAST 150 minutes of moderately difficult exercise each week, and training for your favorite event is the perfect way to do so! Our competition is also a great way to make new friends and qualify for the National Senior Games!
Be part of the Senior Olympics
Without the support of our sponsors and volunteers the Illinois Senior Olympics would not be able to take place. There are many levels of sponsorship and volunteering opportunities. Contact us for more information on how YOU or YOUR ORGANIZATION can become a part of the great tradition that is Illinois Senior Olympics.
Please support the fantastic sponsors that support the Illinois Senior Olympic Games!
For Illinois Senior Olympics inquiries please contact Justin Yuroff at email@example.com or phone 217.528.4035 ext. 118.